- There is colored Fireline out there. Yes, that's what I said; COLORED FIRELINE!!!!!!! You can find it here: SparkleSpot. I want one of every single one, preferably in lifetime supply.
- I can, in a pinch, use One G thread. Yes, I can. It is better than Nymo, at least for me. But I don't have to like it.
- It's ok to have time when I can't design, and it's ok to really enjoy beading a project designed by someone else. Especially when that someone else has immense talent. (Thank you, Helena Tang, Rachel Nelson Smith, Cynthia Newcomer Daniel, Heather Collin and Sabine Lippert.)
- I will never, ever, ever stop learning things, and it's a fabulous and magical part of being who I am.
- I empathize so much with people I care about that I can make myself physically ill with it.
- I don't like getting older and slower.
- I am a lurker. I read a TON of blogs, but don't always comment. Mostly don't comment, actually... I'm NOT a stalker, I swear! :)
- I can be a lot like Kreacher; won't won't won't WON'T!
- I'm rather fond of toast.
- Fall is my favorite time of year, even if my skin doesn't agree with me. (My skin hates fall, and gets dry to the point of cracking open... and just gets worse with winter.)
- There are a lot of things about myself that I don't want to face.
- I think my favorite stitch is RAW, closely followed (so closely it's tripping over the other)by bead embroidery.
- I can make it through an entire visit to the dentist. I could NOT have done that even two months ago - thanks to my friends for some awesome support.
- Things matter too much to me. (Not just physical things... but things. You know.)
- Purple and bronze/silver/copper make a color rut for me... but I'd love to stay there forever. With occasional forays into green/blue and green/purple/blue. And garnet. And topaz, too - or maybe mocha hues... Maybe I'm not in a rut after all, lol.
- I like my feet and I like my hair and I intensely dislike everything in between.
- I need to find a way for it to be ok when I am stuck; because then, I most likely won't be stuck anymore.
- I have wonderful, amazing, compassionate and generous friends. Most of you are online and I haven't met you - and it doesn't matter a bit.
- I love everyone's work - from the beginner's 'failure' to the most advanced design, every single one was a labor of love and comes from something sacred in each person. Even the pieces that I find to be visually unappealing, appeal to me on another level. The only exception to the rule is a piece that is cruel or mean with intent. And that's damn hard to find in the beading world (but not impossible, unfortunately). I get frustrated with myself and others when I/they compare their work to another's - we're all supremely different!
- Maybe there is hope for me....
Things I Have Discovered (or Rediscovered) This Month
There's actually quite a list. In no particular order at all...