Snippets from a bead artist.

6.07.2013

A Little Something New...

I have a new tutorial out!  It's a little-ish one, and fairly simple, but I have been having a lot of fun with it.  Do you remember this necklace I made?



This tutorial shows how to make a bangle bracelet using the same technique I used to make the rope for that necklace.  The rope for the necklace uses a bead soup mix of mostly size 15s and Delicas in varying sizes with bugles and accent beads, while the bangle uses size 11 seeds and size 15s, and I've added in larger rondelles to show how to put single beads along the rope.  This is a modified version of CRAW,  using a 'cube' with six faces, so you can change it much the way you could change up a CRAW rope (I showed examples of this in my Color Play Ropes blog post HERE).   Endless variations!  I hope that this brings some inspiration and fun for those of you who are already comfortable with CRAW, and for those of you who haven't tried it yet, there is a mini tutorial on 'normal' CRAW at the beginning, too!  :)















As you can see, I went a little bangle crazy...  and I show how to make some of the variations as well, so that you can make a funky rope as well as a classic looking bangle.  :)


If you'd like to make some Hexagon Bangles too, my tutorial can be found in my Etsy shop.


I have another special blog post in the works which has some really special guest 'speakers' in it.  I'm really looking forward to sharing it!  

8 comments:

  1. Oh, Nancy, these are "swoon-worthy", indeed! I also love your use of color and the texture you achieve with varying bead sizes. Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful texture and of course COLOR!
    Happy Weekend,
    -Eva Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great. I'm getting that tute as soon as we get paid! More gorgeous Nancy Dale work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastische Leistung,wunderschöne Farben.Ich würde sie gerne alle tragen!
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are really lovely and I look forward to having a play!
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful Nancy! Love the beads interspersed with the CRAW. And so many luscious colorways! Should be a BIG hit as a tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant. Many thanks. I shall definately have a go at these. Miriam x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment, it means a lot to me! Please don't be upset if I don't have time to respond personally to each comment - but be sure that I read each and every one of them! :)